Wimbledon | The Final Day
What to look out for today
Sunday is Day 13, the final one of Wimbledon 2019 and, on Centre Court, is the much-anticipated Men’s Final between Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer.
Defending champion Djokovic takes on 8-time winner Federer at 2pm, and will start promptly come what may despite early morning rain, which is expected to clear by lunchtime when temperatures should reach 21 degrees.
Centre Court, 2pm start
• Roger Federer v Novak Djokovic (Men’s Singles Final)
• Su-WeiHsieh & Barbora Strycovav v Gabriela Dabrowski & Yifan Xu (Ladies Doubles Final)
Three in a row for Djokovic over Federer?
The Serb has Federer’s number in Wimbledon finals, having defeated him in 2014 and 2015.
The World No 1 beat Kevin Anderson in last year’s showpiece, his fourth SW19 title, and is determined to beat all of Federer’s records.
Will those two defeats at the All England Club play on the Swiss’ mind?
Can Federer move clear in the grand slam list?
A 9th Wimbledon title would move Federer further clear at the top of the all-time Grand Slam singles list.
The 37-year-old currently has 20 to his name, 2 more than Rafael Nadal and 5 clear of Djokovic.
Moving 6 ahead of Djokovic would hamper the top seed’s quest to topple Federer.
No 1 Court, 1pm start
• Shintaro Mochizuki v Carlos Gimeno Valero (Boys Singles Final)
• Robert Lindstedt & JelenaOstapenkov v Ivan Dodig & Latisha Chan (Mixed Doubles Final)
• Marion Bartoli & Daniela Hantuchova v Cara Black & Martina Navratilova (Ladies Invitation Doubles Final)
No Brits have made it to the final day of the Championships, with Arthur Fery & Toby Samuel losing in the boys’ doubles semi-finals on Saturday.